Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Two years & More to go on...

Last night, as we got into bed, my hubby asked me, 'Did we have too many frays in the past? ' .... 'I don know' I answered... About half a minute later we both agreed with each other that we had a good time, nothing to complain... Then as I lay there trying to recall the time that went by, I could hardly trace back a few instances where we had rough days at work and home. I was unable to close my eyes, what was it that made us realize that we had too little to quarrel about? As a sudden realization I told him, 'Its because we don't have enough time together, you see, we both are out at work for more than 10 hours, in the time that remains, we have chores to do, a child to take care of & a few hours to sleep. Where's the time to fight? ' and I found myself giggling at the thought. He corrected me, 'Why we do have plenty of time, we do argue about a lot of things...did'nt we decide over two weeks if we were to have an appartment or it would be an independant house? did'nt we have talks going on hunting & turning down offers on appropriate plots? did'nt we have a tough time deciding if we have afford a car before the baby arrived? now did'nt we discuss on when to christen the baby , whats her name ing to be, & how we were planning to get back to work with her around, now to top it we have something to talk on everyday.... we are constructing a house... we're always calculating budgets.. discussing things... thats plenty of time that we spent with each other.... I would say no opportunities less to end in figths....' & there goes a wicked smile on his face.... I smile too... realizing that two years did'nt just go by with no time spent, we have achieved a lot... & of course there's been lotta problems, happy times & anxieties... Life was wonderful... Who says, its difficult to live with strangers... I knew not this person , who lies beside me before 14th September 2009... a marraige that happened with just three months of planning , two families involved, with busy work days for the pair, we hardly spoke to each other... Now I know what he likes, where to stop ... how to approach.... & I see he too has realized how to keep pace with me ... A small silent smile crept up the corners of my lips, & my eyes were wet... I turned around to him, he asked me 'What?' ... Neither of us spoke, just a kiss said it all...'Thank you so much!!!', I heard him say 'HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! We've turned two years old'

No comments: